What Makes Us Unique
The British School of Washington experience is special. Our highly-regarded program of curricula is unique in Washington, and the enthusiasm for learning throughout the school is truly remarkable. Our students enjoy their school experience, becoming active participants in learning and growing in confidence.
Our UK-trained teachers focus on developing the whole child, enabling academic learning, personal growth and global awareness. Internationally minded and ready for the future, our students achieve outstanding success and progress to prestigious universities.
At the British School of Washington you will find:
- Students begin learning a foreign languages from the age of 3
- A diverse student body that represents more than 40 countries
- British teachers and school leaders with international expertise
- Solid relationships with embassies
- We offer the International Baccalaureate
- Two week English As an Additional language during the summer
- Personal learning plans for every student
- Differentiated instruction in every lesson
- A structured approach to continuous assessment and responsive learning strategies
- Performance above age expectation at every level
- An outstanding record of exam success, with International Baccalaureate scores among the top 5% in the world from our network of schools
- Acceptances from leading colleges and universities around the world